Home / News / Undersecretary of Defense Erin Conaton to Take Leave of Absence; Jessica Wright Comments

Undersecretary of Defense Erin Conaton to Take Leave of Absence; Jessica Wright Comments

Erin Conaton

George Little, Pentagon spokesman, announced last Wednesday that Erin Conaton, under secretary of Defense for personnel and readiness, will take a leave of absence for health reasons, reports  Andrew Tilghman for Military Times.

Jessica Wright, assistant secretary of defense for reserve affairs, will be taking over Conaton’s responsibilities on a temporary basis, said Little.

The Personnel and Readiness Directorate supervises the DoD’s personnel apparatus and policies for recruitment, retention, salaries, and benefits.

According to Little, leaders of the Defense Department are wishing Undersecretary Conaton a speedy recovery and successful return to the service.

Conaton, 42 years old, took over the position four months ago. She previously served as undersecretary of the U.S. Air Force.

Check Also

DoD: China Acquiring Tech for Military Modernization Through Legal and Illicit Means

The Defense Department said in a recent report that the Chinese government has been pursuing its military modernization goals through legal and illicit means, procuring foreign technology through legal means but also engaging in clandestine operations to gain access to regulated or export-restricted material, the DoD stated in its report to Congress.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *