The Department of Veterans Affairs has selected five new members to join its advisory committee that advises the VA secretary on programs and current issues facing women veterans.
VA has also appointed Mary Westmoreland as the committee’s new chair alongside the reappointment of committee members Sara McVicker and Tia Christopher for an additional term, the government office said Monday.
Secretary Robert McDonald said that the committee’s guidance aids the creation process of policies for women veterans and provides insight on its needs.
New appointees to the advisory committee on women veterans include:
- Kailyn Bobb, U.S. Air Force veteran
- Keith Howard-Streicher, U.S. Army veteran
- Edna Boyd Jones, retired Army colonel
- Leslie Smith, retired Army captain
- Janet West, U.S. Navy lieutenant commander