Government contracting firms who follow the General Services Administration’s multiple-award IT Schedule 70 could soon see changes, Federal Computer Week reports.
Kay Ely, chief learning officer at the Office of Personnel Management and Schedule 70 contract director, outlined her top priorities in order to make the contract operations run more smoothly and attract more competition.
Ely said she wants to restore the schedule’s luster and increase the level of business conducted through the contract vehicle, according to the report.
Ely’s priorities include:
- Improving the skill of the contract’s acquisition workforce
- Shortening the contract modification time to make the schedule can be more competitive
- Reforming the contract so contracting officers can give accurate and consistent answers
- Digitizing all contract related files
- Expanding the use of electronic contracting