Home / DoD / Frank Kendall: DoD Starting Sequestration Planning

Frank Kendall: DoD Starting Sequestration Planning

Frank Kendall

Frank Kendall, the Defense Department’s top acquisition official, confirmed the department has started planning for sequestration cuts scheduled to kick in Jan. 2, Defense News reports.

Kendall made the announcement during his speech at a government contract management conference in Washington last week, where he also predicted Congress would delay the cuts (click here for more coverage of his prediction).

Lt. Col. Elizabeth Robbins, a spokeswoman for Pentagon Comptroller Robert Hale, told Defense News the department is working with the Office of Management and Budget to understand the impacts of sequestration.

Kendall acknowledged some of the criticism levied toward the Pentagon for not planning in his speech and said the department could withstand a cut of up to a few billion dollars, Marcus Weisgerber writes.

Check Also

Barbara Barrett Nominated for Air Force Secretary Post; Replacing Heather Wilson

President Trump announced his nomination of Barbara Barrett, former chairwoman of The Aerospace Corp., to be the next U.S. Air Force secretary, CNN reported Tuesday. She will succeed Heather Wilson, who stepped down from the SecAF post to join the University of Texas at El Paso as president, once she receives Senate confirmation. 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *