Joe Jordan: OFPP Receives Strategic Sourcing Ideas

Joe Jordan
Joe Jordan

Joe Jordan, administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, said Wednesday the Strategic Sourcing Leadership Council wants to include more commodities such as information technology and laboratory equipment in strategic sourcing.

The SSLC submitted proposals to the OFPP last month on ways to extend the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative to include hardware and software, laboratory supplies and cleaning services, Federal News Radio reported Wednesday.

According to Jason Miller’s story, Jordan said OFPP intends to manage all these commodities with buyers and the Small Business Administration as it aims to reduce duplicate contracts and gain discounts on volume, among other goals.

Agencies would spend around $1.2 billion on 1.5 million wireless accounts under the White House’s fiscal year 2014 budget request, Miller writes.

Jordan said the council would try to standardize the terms and conditions of a product around best practices to eliminate duplication costs.

He added the government wants to have 80 percent of terms and conditions remain the same and allow agencies to modify the other 20 percent under strategic sourcing, according to the report.

You may also be interested in...

By Light to Acquire Cole Engineering Services; Bob Donahue Quoted

By Light Professional IT Services announced a definitive agreement to acquire Cole Engineering Services, Inc. (CESI) on Thursday. The terms of the acquisition have not been disclosed at this time. The transaction is subject to the approval of CESI shareholders and normal regulatory approvals and is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2019.

2 comments

  1. Joe Jordan is my hero. he will save us money!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *