Home / DoD / Ashton Carter Repeats Pentagon Request for New BRAC Round

Ashton Carter Repeats Pentagon Request for New BRAC Round

Ashton Carter
Ashton Carter

Deputy Defense Secretary Ashton Carter reiterated Tuesday the Pentagon’s request for another Base Realignment and Closure Commission round in an effort to help reduce the department’s budget, GovExec reports.

Charles Clark writes Congress rejected that proposal last year along with the Pentagon’s fiscal year 2014 budget request to adjust military healthcare premiums and copays.

During the National Press Club interview, Carter said the Pentagon will also ask Congress for permission to reprogram funds toward its operations and maintenance accounts.

According to Clark’s report, Carter also said Secretary Chuck Hagel will soon announced his decision on how the department will furlough civilian workers for the remainder of the current fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30.

Check Also

Report: HHS to Field Blockchain Tool for Health Acquisition Platform by Thanksgiving

An official from the Department of Health and Human Services has announced that a blockchain technology-based platform designed to facilitate a streamlined acquisition process will be operational this Thanksgiving, Bloomberg Government reported Friday.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *