VA said Tuesday the panel is comprised of government and industry healthcare experts and gathers in Washington to conduct the assessment.
“We need a leader who will be a change agent and deliver necessary reforms to provide our veterans timely access to the world-class healthcare they’ve earned and deserve,” said Sloan Gibson, acting veterans affairs secretary.
“The expert panel we’ve assembled to recommend our new health chief understands the urgency and the seriousness of the task ahead, and I’m grateful for their efforts,” Gibson added.
Panel members include:
- Nancy Adams, RN, Major General Retired, American Academy of Nursing Fellow
- Garry Augustine, Washington Headquarters Executive Director, Disabled American Veterans
- Delos Cosgrove, M.D., President and CEO, Cleveland Clinic
- Patricia Horoho, Army Surgeon General and Commander, U.S Army Medical Command
- Kenneth Kizer, M.D., M.P.H., Distinguished Professor and Director, Institute for Population Health Improvement, University of California Davis Health System
- Jennifer Lee, M.D., Virginia Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services
- John Prescott, M.D., Chief Academic Officer, Association of American Medical Colleges
- Jose Riojas, Chief of Staff, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- Bob Wallace, Executive Director, Veterans of Foreign Wars