In the notice posted Jun. 23 at the USAJOBS.gov website, DIA indicated that the successful candidate will be based out of Washington, D.C., and possess a Top Secret/SCI-level security clearance.
DIA detailed the following six executive core qualification requirements for the position that highlight executive and leadership experience and potential over technical expertise:
- Leading change – creativity and innovation, external awareness, flexibility, resilience, strategic thinking and vision;
- Leading people – conflict management, leveraging diversity, developing others and team building;
- Results-driven – accountability, customer service, decisiveness, entrepreneurship, problem solving and technical credibility;
- Business acumen – financial, human capital and technology management;
- Building coalitions – partnering, political savvy and influencing/negotiating;
- Fundamental competencies – interpersonal skills, oral and written communication, integrity/honesty, continual learning and public service motivation.
The vacancy is open to all U.S. citizens until July 25.