The Department of Homeland Security has issued a job announcement for available positions under the Secretary’s Honors Program Cyber Student Volunteer Initiative across 45 locations in the U.S.
DHS said in a notice posted Dec. 29 on USAJobs that the positions are open to undergraduate and graduate students in cybersecurity-related fields who are interested in volunteer assignments with DHS.
Assignments include cybersecurity research, hardware and software updates, cyber policy development, vulnerability scans and incident response, the notice stated.
Selected student volunteers will work to support the cybersecurity mission at these DHS agencies and components:
- Coast Guard
- Customs and Border Protection
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- National Protection and Programs Directorate
- Office of the Chief Information Officer
- Office of Intelligence and Analysis
- Office of Policy
- Transportation Security Administration
The application period is open through Jan. 29.