The Commerce Department has appointed 19 executives from the government and commercial sectors to the newly-established U.S. Investment Advisory Council.
Members will provide input to help draw and keep foreign direct investment interest and will represent local companies, entities and organizations that seeks to promote FDI, DOC said Tuesday.
“U.S. affiliates of foreign companies directly employ 6.1 million people across our nation and pay higher than average wages which positively impacts nearly every facet of our economy,” said Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker.
“I look forward to working closely with the U.S. Investment Advisory Council to implement policies and strategies to ensure the United States remains the top destination for foreign investment.”
The following are the new members of the council:
- Mark Beariault, general counsel and head of legal affairs, Kudelski Group
- David Burrows, vice president, Fuyao Glass America Inc.
- Chris Camacho, president and CEO, Greater Phoenix Economic Council
- Nikia Clarke, executive director, World Trade Center San Diego
- Jeffrey Finkle, president, International Economic Development Council
- Jane Garvey, chair, Meridiam North America and board director, LaGuardia Gateway Partners and IAC chair
- Mani Iyer, president and CEO, Mahindra North America
- Peter Lowy, co-CEO, Westfield
- Elie Maalouf, CEO, The Americas, InterContinental Hotels Group
- Kenny McDonald, president and Chief Economic Officer, Columbus 2020
- Ying McGuire, vice president of operations and business development, Technology Integration Group
- Nancy McLernon, president and CEO, Organization for International Investment
- Jan Rogers, CEO, Regional Economic Development for Eastern Idaho
- Catherine Smith, commissioner, Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development and IAC vice chair
- Irene Spanos, director of Economic Development & Community Affairs, Oakland County, Mich.
- Eric Spiegel, president and CEO, Siemens USA
- Mark Weinberger, global chairman and CEO, Ernst & Young Global Limited
- Jeffrey Wilson, president and CEO, Gestamp North America and Gestamp Asia Pacific Corporation
- Charlton Whipple, chairman of the Southern Economic Development Council