Jack Dyer Crouch, president and CEO of the United Services Organization, has been appointed as chairman of the Defense Policy Board.
Defense Secretary James Mattis also announced the addition of five new members to the board, the Defense Department said Thursday.
Crouch previously held roles of increasing responsibility at QinetiQ North America such as CEO, president of the technology solutions group and executive vice president for strategic development.
He also served as assistant to the president and deputy national security advisor during the administration of George W. Bush.
The new members of the Defense Policy Board are:
- David McCormick, co-president at Bridgewater Associates
- Eric Cantor, vice chairman and managing director at Moelis & Company
- James Talent, a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute
- Kiron Skinner, an associate professor at Carnegie Mellon University
- Wanda Austin, author of Making Space: Strategic Leadership for a Complex World