John Gibson, former deputy chief management officer at the Defense Department, has received Senate confirmation to serve as DoD chief management officer, Washington Examiner reported Friday.
Gibson will lead the civilian secretaries of all military services and oversee business-focused DoD agencies and field activities in his new role.
The report said William Roper, former director of DoD’s Strategic Capabilities Office, was also confirmed as the U.S. Air Force‘s assistant secretary for acquisition.
Five other DoD nominees who obtained Senate approval are:
- Michael Griffin, undersecretary of defense for research and engineering
- John Henderson, assistant secretary of the Air Force
- Phyllis Bayer, assistant secretary of the U.S. Navy
- Kevin Fahey, assistant secretary of defense
- Thomas Ayres, general counsel of the Department of the Air Force