TYSONS CORNER, Va., May 2, 2018 — Secretary of Defense James Mattis has received the 2018 GCW Readers’ Choice Award for Government Executives after garnering the highest number of votes in Executive Mosaic‘s 2018 Wash100 list, GovConWire reported Wednesday.
Mattis, who was also inducted into the 2017 Wash100, earned 1,007 out of the 24,131 total votes tallied by end of day Monday, April 30th.
The Wash100, now in its fifth year, recognizes the premier private and public sector GovCon leaders as hand-picked by Executive Mosaic’s election committee. Individuals selected must have demonstrated superior leadership, innovation, reliability, achievement and vision.
“The U.S. government enjoys the largest and richest repository of talent and ability in the world. To be recognized as a leader among your peers is a rare honor, but to be recognized among your peers as the best of the best in this hyper-competitive arena is rarer still. We at Executive Mosaic couldn’t be more honored to present Secretary Mattis with this prestigious award,” said Jim Garrettson, Executive Mosaic’s CEO and founder.
The total top 10 featured a split between GovCon Executives and Government Executives. In addition to Secretary Mattis, we would like to congratulate our leaders in the polls:
- Raquel Bono, U.S. Navy, director of the Defense Health Agency
- Craig Abod, president of Carahsoft
- Chris Marzilli, president of General Dynamics Mission Systems
- Phebe Novakovic, CEO of General Dynamics
- Lt. Gen. Vincent Stewart, deputy commander, U.S. Cyber Command
- Xavier Williams, president of AT&T Global Business Public Sector Solutions
- Lawrence Prior, former president and CEO of CSRA, now part of General Dynamics Information Technology
- Amy Gilliland, president of GDIT
- Lt. Gen. Charles Hooper, director of the Defense Security Cooperation Agency
About Executive Mosaic:
Founded in 2002, Executive Mosaic is a leadership organization and media company. Executive Mosaic offers highly coveted executive events, breaking business news on the Government Contracting industry, and robust and reliable content through seven influential websites and four consequential E-newswires. Headquarters are located in Tysons Corner, Va. www.executivemosaic.com