Kirstjen Nielsen, secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, has confirmed the addition of eight members to the Homeland Security Advisory Council.
Nielsen said in a statement published Tuesday the new HASC members will guide the council in meeting its mission of addressing emerging threats to homeland security.
The eight new members are:\n
- Carol DiBattiste, general counsel and chief compliance, privacy and people officer at comScore
- Cathy Lanier, former chief of police with the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Police Department
- Chad Sweet, co-founder and CEO of the The Chertoff Group
- Frank Cilluffo, director of the McCrary Institute for Cybersecurity and Critical Infrastructure Protection at Auburn University
- Jayson Ahern, principal and head of security services practice at The Chertoff Group
- Mark Dannels, sheriff of Cochise County, Ariz.
- Stewart Baker, partner in the Washington office of Steptoe & Johnson
- Wendy Smith-Reeve, deputy director of the Arizona Department of Emergency and Military Affairs
\nThe HASC provides the DHS secretary with independent, informed recommendations and advice to resolve various homeland security issues.