The Department of Transportation has disclosed that it obligated over $65.5B to infrastructure modernization projects in 2018.
The department said Wednesday $1.6B of the investment came from fiscal year 2017 discretionary funds, while $63.9B originated from fiscal year 2018 multi-modal discretionary and formula transportation appropriations.
The major infrastructure projects launched in 2018 are:
- Better Utilizing Investments to Leverage Development or BUILD
- Infrastructure for Rebuilding America or INFRA
- Airport Improvement Program
- Buses and Bus Facilities Infrastructure Investment Program
- Consolidated Rail Infrastructure and Safety Improvements Grant Program
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Grant Program
- Competitive Highway Bridge Program
- America's Marine Highway Program
\nDOT solicited responses from Notices of Funding Opportunity that took up the majority of 2018 funding.