Commerce Secretary Penny Pritzker has appointed 34 senior-level private sector representatives to the Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Advisory Committee.
REEEAC appointees advise the secretary on the development and administration of efforts to support the export competitiveness of U.S. renewable energy and energy efficiency products and services, the Commerce Department said Wednesday.
“The rapid increase in global demand for clean energy technologies and services provides a great opportunity for American businesses to introduce their world-class products and services to new markets,” said Pritzker.
She added the committee’s guidance will support Commerce’s efforts to mitigate climate change and expand U.S. exports.
REEEAC first launched in 2010 and has produced more than 30 recommendations on issues such as market conditions that affect the environmental technology manufacturing base; export financing gaps; and support and coordination from government and research programs.
The appointees are:
- Adam Atkinson-Lewis – Natel Energy vice president of international business development
- Bruce Bauchmire – DLZ Corp. director of renewable energy services
- Vincent Bemmel – Tekpea Inc. chief technology officer
- Mita Burke – Sunshine Industries USA CEO
- Matt Card – Suniva executive vice president of commercial operations
- Rani Chatrath – Geothermal Energy Association global initiatives coordinator, marketing and events manager
- Mike Davis – North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association director of strategic partnerships
- Kelly Davis – Renewable Fuels Association director of regulatory affairs
- Jen Derstine – Capstone Turbine Corp. director of strategy and policy
- Subhash Dhar – XALT Energy CEO
- Michael Dwyer – U.S. Grains Council chief economist
- Terry Fry – Nexant senior vice president for utility services
- Svetoslav Gatchev – Delphos International partner and managing director
- Seth Ginther – U.S. Industrial Pellet Association executive director
- Philip Green – Green Powered Technology president and CEO
- Arthur Haubenstock – 8minutenergy Renewables general counsel and VP of government and regulatory
Praveen Kathpal – AES Energy Storage VP
- Kusum Kavia – Combustion Associates president
- Kenneth Kramer – Rushton Atlantic managing director
- Joseph Mendelson III – SolarCity director of policy and electricity markets and regulatory counsel
- Greg Merritt – Cree Inc. marketing and public affairs VP
- Gary Rackliffe – ABB Inc. smart grid systems VP
- Lloyd Ritter – Distributed Wind Energy Association federal policy director
- Jorge Sanchez – Sana Inc. president, CEO and co-founder
- Frank Shaw – Skadden, Arps, Meagher & Flom counsel for energy and infrastructure projects group
- Scott Sklar – The Stella Group president
- Kevin Smith – SolarReserve CEO
- Paula Soos – Covanta Energy government relations VP
- Jonathan Stewart – National Electrical Manufacturers Association government relations manager
- Zolaikha Strong – Copper Development Association director of sustainable energy
- Trey Taylor – Verdant Power Inc. co-founder and president
- Cindy Thyfault – Westar Trade Resources founder and CEO
- Laura VanWie McGrory – Alliance to Save Energy international policy VP
- Frank Yang – Stion Corp. business development VP