The Social Security Advisory Board has formed an independent panel of experts to assess Social Security’s efforts to update its information technology infrastructure. Alan Balutis, a distinguished fellow and senior director of Cisco Systems’ business solutions group for the North American public sector, will chair the 2019-2020 IT Systems Expert Panel, the board said.
The panel will also assess the progress of the systems modernization effort. It will hold its first meeting in the fall of 2019 and submit its findings to SSAB by early fiscal year 2021.
Other members of the panel are:
- Dan Chenok, executive director of the IBM Center for the Business of Government
- Dave McClure, leader of transformational IT initiatives at Accenture Federal Services
- Greg Giddens, a partner with Potomac Ridge Consulting
- Jim Williams, a partner at Schambach & Williams Consulting
- Mark Alan Forman, vice president of digital government for Unisys Federal Systems.
- Mark Richert, director of public policy for the National Disability Institute
- Martha Dorris, former deputy associate administrator at the General Services Administration
- Nani Coloretti, senior VP for financial and business strategy at the Urban Institute
- Renato “Renny” DiPentima, a board member at Cap Gemini Government Solutions and Amida Technology Solutions
- William “Bill” Eggers, executive director of Deloitte’s Center for Government Insights