The Federal Aviation Administration has selected 12 organizations that will advise the agency in efforts to create a process for administering aeronautical knowledge and safety tests for recreational drone operators.
Advisers will provide suggestions intended to help inform the development of final requirements for potential test administrators, FAA said Monday.
According to the agency, it will work with third-party entities to conduct training and implement the exam on multiple platforms.
The U.S. government requires that unmanned aircraft system owners to complete an online assessment in order to secure permission to operate UAS for recreational use.
FAA's advisers on the initiative are as follows:
- Academy of Model Aeronautics
- Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association
- Drone Launch Academy Southeastern University
- Drone Racing League
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
- First Person View Freedom Coalition
- Horizon Hobby
- King Schools
- Science Applications International Corp.
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Coach
- Unmanned Safety Institute